So the good news .. I’m Back! After an extended break and holiday I’m back and well on the way to recovery. The gallbladder has gone and for the first time in months I’m pain free and starting to feel like my old self 🙂
Now the not so good news … The last 5 weeks gave me a lot of time to recover and think about things including my website and little hobby. It’s never been in doubt my love for the vintage glamour I’ve posted for more than 8 years and the positive feedback from everyone on the images and models I post. As those that have been with the site over that time you will have seen it grow and improve, but that also takes it’s toll. What started as a hobby now consumes more and more of my time curating the images and negatives, posting them to the site and dealing with all the fabulous comments and feedback. My illness made me look at things in a different light and where and what I need to focus on in the future. So I’ve decided to make some changes going forward.
The site will continue for now, but in a reduced format and focus on daily posts of images and maintaining the model and photographer lists. So back to were I started 🙂
Other parts of the site will be retired to make my life simpler. Also membership options will come to an end over the next few months for new membership. Existing members will continue to have exclusive access to the archive and new posts as they do now.
From a site cost point of view the hosting is paid up until January 2023, so the site as is will run until then. So before that expiry I need to make a decision on where I go with the site if I continue at all. The thought of the site closing and all the images and work disappearing completely doesn’t sit well with me, but needs to be considered. Other than that I need to look at all the options available to me ready for January 2023.
Hopefully those that know me will fully understand where I am coming from and appreciate that this was not an easy decision. But the last 12 months of on and off illness and a Pandemic have made me re-assess priorities going forward. No changes for now other than I’ll start to scale back things.
Finally to everyone a big thank you for all the messages of support during my illness as they were all read and appreciated even if I didn’t respond. Also a big thank you to everyone that has supported the site over the years. It’s been an absolute pleasure communicating with you all and enjoying all the comments and images that have been shared.
Now that the site has been migrated and seems to be behaving and performing better (fingers crossed!) I’ve decided to reinstate the forum on the site. Thankfully I’ve managed to retain all the old posts from before, but I have had a tidy up and moved things around and added a few sub-forums under the models section.
I’ve added the links to the forum on the right hand menu, plus a link to everyone’s profile so you can update it, including password if you wish. So let’s give it another go and see if it’s used or not 🙂
Several changes to the site this week that you may or may not have noticed, so I thought I’d give everyone a quick update.
I’ve been doing a lot of work around galleries and photo sets and who sees what the last couple of days.
- The photo galleries on the right hand menu has changed and been made simpler with just two links to photo sets and full magazines.
- New pages for sets and magazines, which show content for both members and non-members depending on who you are. Members now see everything on both pages 🙂
- Redesigned galleries with no border around thumbnails and much quicker loading
I’ve also been uploading complete magazines and sets that members can enjoy including the recent addition of Nylon Flash No.19 featuring Sylvia Bayo. I’m also working on Dynamic No.3 (above) featuring Eva Nieman and Exotic No.8 again featuring Sylvia Bayo and several other full magazines, so look out for those over the coming weeks.
I’m also still scanning prints and negatives as they come in, which seems to be never ending but still enjoyable, plus starting to sell off a few things over on eBay if you hadn’t seen.
Ah well as a friend says, back to the tits!
A quick update on some of the minor changes and tweaks I’ve been making to the site recently, nothing major just me fiddling 🙂
- All images posted now are 640 pixels in size both for members and non-members to reduce bandwidth and speed up loading. Members of course still get much larger images when the click on an image and of course no watermarks visible.
- I’ve tweaked the right hand menu:
- Resorted the order, as based on feedback and traffic the models section is by far the most popular, so moved up.
- Split out Galleries and Cine films into their own sections.
- Deleted individual models pages from the models menu.
- Included a new Cine Films menu that includes published cine films for both Harrison Marks and others plus June Palmer films (members only)
- A new Harrison Marks Cine Film database – A searchable database of GHM’s films for Kamera, Maximus Films and others. (Coming Soon!)
- Finally I’m experimenting with giving members the ability to download certain images in much larger size, plus maybe the odd film. Still working on this to see what’s possible and if I can set it up, but already done a few pages to see how popular it is. There may be a small admin charge to host the larger images and films for this if it works out?
That’s it really just minor stuff, but do let me know what you think and any feedback is always appreciated.
A small website update this month, mostly tidying up some broken links and images. I’ve also added 4 new galleries, Va Va Voom!, June Dressed, Sheer Delight and Ewhurst Escapades under the new galleries section, with more coming.