19th May 2020 – A quick site update as I’ve had a bit of time on my hands since this damn virus outbreak! The site is now back to it’s former self and behaving normally with everything restored, apart from the forum. Likes are back after several requests from users and new post notifications are working.
Going forward the focus should now be on new content and posts. One new feature I’ve now made available is members can now download and save images from the site without watermarks. This won’t be enabled for everyone, but per member on request and sorry it won’t be free as the vast amount of original content I post just makes it impossible to give this option free to everyone. So the cost to enable downloads is as follows:
- Existing Members – £15 one off additional fee.
- New Members – £50 one off fee or still £30 with image download disabled.
6th March 2020 – Well I took the plunge and the rebuilt site is live! Hopefully you won’t notice the difference other than a few cosmetic changes. A few things to consider
- Usernames and passwords should still work – Any issues you can reset your password here or contact me here and I’ll sort you out.
- If you signed up to be notified of new posts it broke on the old site. You will need to sign up for a new email notification system that will send you a daily digest of new posts rather than a mail for each new post. You can find the sign up form at the bottom of the right hand menu or here
- Likes – Sorry had to remove them as making pages break for some reason!
- Forum – No forum yet as that is taking a little longer to fix
Finally everything else should be there but if not please let me know if you find anything else missing or broken.
4th March 2020 – Well here we go again! After migrating to a new server I thought the issues with the site would be resolved, but it seems not! Things seem to randomly stop working such as comments and notifications of new posts or just slow down so much they stop. I seem to be spending more time trying to keep the site up and running than posting all the good stuff we all want to see, which is not good!
So I’ve decided to bite the bullet and create a whole new site from scratch. What does that mean for everyone going forward, hopefully nothing and it should appear seamless, but somethings will change or be missing to start.
- The site should have the same look and feel to it and you shouldn’t need to change bookmarks or anything
- Usernames and passwords for members should still work, but I’ll deal with any individual issues as they come up. But the new site will ask you to all log in at the start.
- Post notification by email will change – Instead of a email after every new post there will be a daily digest each day showing all new posts. Unfortunately you will need to sign up for this again as the old system won’t work.
- Likes will be reset on the site, but that was more for me to see what posts everyone enjoyed. So just keep liking on the new site.
- The forum will not be available at the start – I’m still trying to work out how to move things across and if it’s even worth it.
- Everything should be stable, quick and easy to search … I Hope!
The new site is almost ready and a few people have tested it for me and it seems to be much quicker. I’m still checking and tweaking things to be sure but all being well the switch to the new site should be some time week commencing 9th March.
Sorry for this, but the last few months the site has taken up too much of my time, energy and cost to really do anything more. So hopefully this solution will work and I can focus back on the content and images rather than fixing things. I also continue to appreciate everyone’s continued support of the site 🙂
8th January 2020 – Happy New Year to everyone! A quick site update for you as 2020 begins. Well I’ve taken the plunge and migrated the site to a new server to hopefully provide a bit more stability and speed, but we will wait and see. You may all see a slow down on the pages as they initially load as they are all cached differently, but hopefully after a few days things should stabilise and speed up again. I’ve also made the site secure with an SSL certificate, which means it shows up in google now as secure which helps the site in search engines, but also means all your data is now fully secure and encrypted.
Galleries seem to been struggling after the migration, but I’m working through them to fix them, but the main model galleries seem to be working. It took some time, effort and cost to me to do, but hopefully it will be worth it, but anyone that wants to help with a small contribution towards the hosting with have my eternal gratitude. Also if you see anything not working please do let me know.
25th Oct 2019 – Well I hope everyone enjoyed the latest set from Mrs Cherry B that was posted yesterday? It was a real pleasure to get them and post them from Mrs C and hoping to see more sets soon! I wanted to get the set done and posted this week, as it’s that time of year again and time for a break away for a week next week. So as per usual the site posts will stop for a while, but I’ll be back at the beginning of November 🙂
Sorry the site seems to be slow & up and down again today and the last few days, not me but my host yet again 🙁
25th Sept 2019 – Time for another apology! Yesterday and so I believe a day when I was on holiday in August the site was down and unavailable to everyone including me! This was nothing to do with me but my host (GoDaddy) who had issues with connections to all WordPress hosted sites, not just mine. I spent several hours on with support telling me it was something I’d done, only to find out it was a global issue, so they were bloody useless. I wish I could move from them to a more reliable host, but due to the size of the site and amount of content it would take me a lot of time and effort to do so and at a cost (new hosting and transfer costs).
So sorry! If the site is slow or down it’s my host not me, so bear with it and hopefully as like yesterday it will come back up in time. I do have a twitter account here and left a message for those on there that the site was down. If things get worse I might have to look at funding a move anyway, unless anyone knows of free hosting for a dodgy vintage glamour website 🙂
Also, I’m taking the site back to basics to try and help with the speed, so the forum has gone for now and I’ll be looking at other areas too, sorry!
19th June 2019 – Firstly an apology to any of you that follow me over on eBay for my sales. This week for the first time I’ve been targeted by eBay for having offending adult material that I’m apparently selling and as such nearly all the items on offer this week have been removed! To say I’m pissed off would be an understatement as when you look there are literally 100’s of sellers on there listing similar or far more explicit stuff than me and getting away with it. So it seems personal to me, but that’s just me feeling raw at the moment.
So for now I’ll need to reconsider selling on eBay or try a different approach and not show the full negatives on eBay just here on my site. Again apologies to anyone that was planning on bidding on my stuff this week as it’s been removed. I know there are more important things and life goes on, but hey 🙂
Update! I’ve now relisted some items on eBay without the offending images, so let’s see if that works 🙂
24th May 2019 – Well it’s come around again, but it’s nearly late May Bank Holiday and time for my next break! I’m heading off to the South Coast next week for a few days then back for a continued break at home doing a few outstanding jobs in the garden weather permitting. As usual things on here will slow down for a while and not much in the way of posting will happen until I return.
A few minor things on the site:
1. Broken Images – I’ve noticed and few people have mentioned that several pages and older posts are now missing the images. This due to the fact the older images were hosted on a different service to the one I use now and have been removed. I will endeavor to try and fix these on my return, but with over 4200 post live on the site is not an easy task to find and update them. If you do come across any on your travels through the site, please let me know either by leaving a new comment of sending me a message letting me know which post.
2. Films, Films and more Films – I’m starting to amass quite a collection of glamour films now from different sources and this includes standard glamour type films from Harrison Marks and others from the 1960’s and 70’s, but also a collection of other ‘harder’ films from that same period. Some feature well known models on this site and others are just your standard ‘porn’ flick! I’m not quite sure what to do with the hard stuff yet, unless anyone is interested in seeing them?
The option of voting on the the next films to be posted seems to be going down well, although I can’t please all of the people all of the time as everyone has differing tastes and favourite models. I’ll continue on my return with the next list of films to be published and decide on the next list of films to vote on. If anyone has any requests on certain films or models please let me know and if I have it I’ll do my best to add it to the next vote. Likewise if anyone has their own collection of films they wish to share, please do let me know?
Finally viewing all films will remain for members only, as they have to have some perks!
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great May Bank Holiday and I’ll see you all back here after my break ?
12th April 2019 – Well it’s that time of year again and time for my Easter Break! I’ll be enjoying time away until after Easter Monday, so things as usual will slow down on the site over the next week or so.
Some minor updates to the site recently:
1. Model Listings – I’ve updated some of the model lists to include new models and some newer images. The main updates are in the Terry Sparks models with several new additions which completes my list so far. There are now 66 models that posed for Terry and now appear in the list here.
2. Readers Wives – There is now a link on the right menu under Models for Readers Wives, but a few rules to how photo’s will be accepted and posted.
- Submissions will only be accepted from members of the site, so if you want to submit an image you have to either already be a member or join here.
- Secondly all submissions will be reviewed by myself to make sure they are in keeping with the site theme before being accepted.
- Any images posted will appear in the main page for 48 hours only, they will then only be found under the readers wives link and be available for members only.
3. Site News – You will have seen the notification bar across the top of the site I’ve implemented, telling you about items for sale. Hopefully it’s not that intrusive, as I thought it was the best way to tell you all about new things without doing a whole new post. It tends to appear for a few days before I sell something and I’ll start using it for site updates such as this. You will also find a link for Site News on the right menu under Site Information for reference.
4. Models, Ages & Content – I don’t want to make a big thing of this, but there have been several discussions about the ages of some models I’ve posted and if they we old enough. I always try and verify the ages of the models if possible, but sometimes it’s not always possible from back then. Therefore any images I now feel may show a young model of unverified age will not be posted on the site. This is really to protect the site, as the last thing I or anyone wants is someone to report the site for inappropriate material and for it to be taken down. Laws around ages and nudity have changed many times over the years and where some things that were once considered OK back in the 60’s may now not be seen in the same way. Likewise the site is seen in different countries, all with different laws and views on nudity. Again to protect the site, anything that is on the more risque side will now only be limited to members only.
I hate how things have changed and are viewed over the years, with it feeling more and more like big brother is watching, but ultimately I have to protect the site. I’ve invested too much time and effort into the site over the last 7 years for it to be all undone by someone offended by what they see or perceive, so I hope everyone understands this approach?
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Easter and I’ll see you all back here, refreshed and raring to go once more in just over a week 🙂